Malaysia Lysosomal Diseases Association (MLDA)
OVERVIEW & CHALLENGES FACED
The Malaysia Lysosomal Diseases Association (MLDA) is a non-profit organisation which advocates for Lysosomal Storage Diseases (LSD) patient’s rights to a sustainable health care and support system. It raises the awareness of the general public about this life threatening condition. There are about 50 different types of LSD diseases which mostly affect children who often die at a young and unpredictable age, many within a few months or years of birth.
Due to the complexity of LSD, patients will require care provided by health care professionals from multiple disciplines and support from various agencies. Access to such medical care and services are hard to come for many LSD patients, causing undue suffering and despair.
PROJECTS WITH MIRM
- 2016 RM1 for Every Life Counts Charity Dinner Total amount raised RM 116K
- 2016 Spin4FunD Challenge
- 2018 A Walk of Hope (UOL students from BAC KL Campus’s MPU project in aid of MLDA) Total amount raised RM3,380
- 2019 “RARE LIVES” Charity Art Exhibition
- 2019 Press Conference for “Ride With Hope Campaign”
- MIRM provided advice and ideas on how to run the NGO properly