Malaysian Rare Disorders Society
OVERVIEW & CHALLENGES FACED
Malaysian Rare Disorders Society (MRDS) was formed in 2004, with the help and guidance of the Genetic Unit, Department of Paediatrics, University Malaya Medical Centre.
MRDS is a voluntary organisation set-up to represent and look out for the welfare of individuals including their families that are affected by rare disorders.
- To support and provide practical aid to individuals and families affected with rare disorders
- To increase awareness on rare disorders through providing information on rare disorders and educate individuals, families, medical professionals, schools, organisations and to the general public.
- To establish a network between individuals and families with rare disorders with relevant organisations, professionals, education and intervention centers.
- To collaborate with organisations that has the potential to affirm, prevent, improve treatment and increase the quality of life of individuals affected with rare disorders
PROJECTS WITH MIRM
- 2018 #1 Youth Advocates Lab